People usually describe their partners in different ways. But they are not describing their personal attributes. They are telling about attachment styles that form in childhood and continue to impact our adult relationships.
Factors that determine our attachment styles are the way we relate to your partners, how preoccupied you are with your intimate relationships and how you handle rejection. Attachment styles are ways of relating to your closest partners.
Attachment can be secure or insecure and two main styles of insecure attachment are an anxious and avoidant attachment.
Couples experiencing relational distress is a partner with an anxious attachment style paired with a partner who is avoidant. Solve all the issues of the love life with the help of effective communication.
Anxious attachment style :
- People with an anxious attachment style are good at taking care of others but not of themselves.
- They observe their partner be self-centered and feels stuck in a one-sided relationship.
- They feel to sort out problems when they are upset. Fright, anxiety tends to obsess them and they tend to jump to conclusions about their relationships very hurriedly.
Avoidant attachment style :
- People with an avoidant attachment style are unable to give what their partners want from them such as physical warmth, nearness, or affecting intimacy.
- When avoidant partners are upset they need alone time to calm down. They don’t find the root cause of their difficulties.
- They point out the relationship stress to either their spouse or external state of affairs.
- Do eye contact and express that you are considerate, betrothed and receptive during a discussion.
- Show oddity, pay attention and ask questions.
- Share things about you and your feelings
- Try to resolve the dispute at the moment or quickly. Give your partner a chance to talk about their feelings.
Communication pattern with a partner who has an avoidant attachment style:
- Listen more and talk less.
- Give your spouse time to process his or her feelings and thoughts.
- Do conversation with openness and soft feelings
- Try to resolve and repair disputes quickly or at the moment.