Auto recycling is one of the most widespread recycling industries globally. Auto parts are recycled from end-of-life cars. Damaged and old cars have usually have no takers. Hence, instead of just abandoning them, it makes sense to recycle their parts.
How are cars recycled?
• Damaged cars are bought by auto wreckers or recyclers. They are taken to auto recyclers which are large, open spaces for such cars.
• Over here, the car is inspected to check whether it can be repaired and reused or it is a write-off.
• In most cases, the car cannot be reused. Hence, the next step is to recycle it.
• Recycling entails removal of usable parts and their sale. This is followed by disposal of the parts that cannot be reused.
• Most of the parts such as the car stereo, windshield, wipers, mirrors, headlights, taillights, etc. if not damaged are sold in the market.
• Parts such as battery are removed and used to manufacture new batteries.
• Tires are used to make pavement bases for new roads.
• Wheels are removed and sold as metal scrap.
Auto recycling is one of the most widespread recycling industries globally. Auto parts are recycled